UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, has commenced the 2020 edition of its annual National Essay Competition in Nigeria with a call for entries.
Now in its 10th year, the National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria is organized annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
There are thousands of secondary school students today in Nigeria who have what it takes to achieve academic excellence but pray day and night to get sponsors because of their family financial struggle.
- Host: UBA Foundation
- Category: Secondary School Scholarships | Competitions
- Eligible Country: Nigeria
- Reward: N7.5 million Naira
- Deadline: October 29, 2021
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a Secondary School Student
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or passport
- The first prize for the UBA National Essay Competition is a N3 million educational grant,
- While the second and third prizes are N2.5 million
- N2 million in educational grants to any African University of their choice.
Number of Scholarships: 3
Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment
Following this, the second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition
Method of Application
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address)
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
Deadline: October 29, 2021
Check Stechitegist Scholarships for more Opportunities