The program’s goal is to offer eight weeks of biomedical research experience in the basic and translational sciences to undergraduate students from various countries (including some from Japan) who are committed to or considering a career in biology or related sciences and looking to continue their education at the graduate level.
Faculty from the Graduate School of Medicine, the Graduate School of Engineering, the Graduate School of Science, the Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, the Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, and the Institute of Industrial Science are offering research opportunities.
By the completion of their summer program, students should have the knowledge and abilities necessary to do research. Through the joint activities, the students are also expected to deepen their cross-border friendships. The kids’ experiences will aid in the development of future teamwork in a variety of contexts.
Requirements for Tokyo University Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
- Enrolled at a university or institution in any country that grants a bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent degree); and
- Have at least finished their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, are not graduating before the summer program begins, and
- will continue their undergraduate studies for at least one semester or quarter after the summer program concludes.
Documents Required for Application
- Portrait photo: Please upload your portrait photo saved as a jpeg file
- Scanned copy of Passport or ID card
- Resume/CV and Cover letter
- Academic Transcript
- Proof of your English proficiency
February 1, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Tokyo on www.u-tokyo.ac.jp to apply
To apply, please follow all application directions closely and get an early start on obtaining the supporting documents. Please review the selection criteria before submitting your application. All applications must be submitted online.
- Prepare Supporting Documents
- Ask two recommenders for the Letter of Reference for you
- Complete the Online Application