JAMB reveals top 10 universities with illegal admissions in Nigeria
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has revealed the top 10 universities with illegal admissions in Nigeria.
The latest statistics which covered four years (2017-2020) were released on Thursday in Abuja.
According to the board, a total of 58,698 fake admissions were conducted by the 10 institutions during the period under review.
The board listed the universities as follows:
1. Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, with 20,162 illegal admissions;
2. University of Jos, 7,600;
3. Benue State University, 6,171;
4. University of Nigeria, Nsukka 5,457;
5. Kwara State University, 5,070;
6. Novena University, 3,432;
7. Alex Ekueme University, 2,902;
8. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, 2,795;
9. Olabisi Onabanjo University, 2,586, and
10. University of Calabar, 2,523.
The board has continually complained over admissions done outside the Central Admissions Processing System.
Commenting on the development, the Registrar of the board, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, said, “The ASUU chairman once went on air to say that some vice-chancellors were the ones conducting admissions. I told him to bring me the name of any of the vice-chancellors conducting the admissions. It might also interest you to read JAMB ANNOUNCES CUT OFF MARK FOR 2022 ADMISSION
“Admissions are conducted via CAPS. Some institutions came to us and told us to give them the grace to rectify the illegal admissions that were conducted outside of CAPs. The minister also forgave them and we told them that anyone that is caught will have his or her admission reversed.”….
Don’t you think this post will be helpful to somebody else? Please share it to others via the social media button below Thanks for reading. Do well to drop your question in the comment box, we will be glad to hear from you.