Many Private, State and Federal institutions in Nigeria are ready to resume but awaits official memo from the government.
It is evident that most students are willing to be back on campus but the pandemic coronavirus break have denied access to immediate resumption in the country.
During a meeting of the Nigeria Presidential Taskforce, the Minister of State For Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba made a statement that both state government and school administration should make plans and prepare for full reopening of school in the country, Stechitegist reports
Without being economical about the truth, this announcement made a slight relief among students and institutions with the hope to resume school soon.
But at the moment, the Federal Government is yet to officially declare full reopening of tertiary institutions in the country.
The Minister said that the government has not come to a point where it is convinced that tertiary schools should reopen for academic activities after their closure on March due to the pandemic outbreak (COVID-19).
He added that there is a work in progress in order to ensure the level of compliance but most importantly, they are at waiting to get an update on all the facilities in every part of Nigeria.
The Minister said the government strongly believed in the opinions of experts that 15 per cent of transmission of the pandemic is from school environment and that was why they proposed remodeling of classes.
“We believe the experts that the school system is a suspect place for transmission and that is why we are working with them, particularly on guidelines.
“We are suggesting that classes be remodeled if there are no enough classrooms for social distancing, he said
Stechitegist gathered that some institutions seized up online teaching with the hope that school reopening date will be announced soon.
Although, some states like Lagos, Delta, Osun etc have announced resumption date for their schools, but the Federal Government through the Minister of Education had only informed the public to go prepare for resumption without mentioning a date.
Some Institutions said they want the Federal Government to be more specific about the resumption date and it should tarry no longer.
According to the Nigeria University Commission, the country have about 75 private institutions, 44 Federal Universities and 48 States Universities in its capacity and have directed none to resume yet due to the pandemic outbreak, Stechitegist reports.
However, some Institutions have started POST UTME and Direct Entry screening exercise, while some have postponed their admission dates. Stechitegist will be sharing with you lists of some Federal and States university latest update on Resumption of academic activities:
LATEST UPDATE FROM FEDERAL INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA
1. Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA): The institution warns that they are yet to fix any date for the 2020/2021 POST UTME exercise. Further added that it will appear on their website www.futa.edu.ng and at least two national daily newspapers. The Institution is also yet to declare resumption date.
2. Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun: The Institution had postponed their POST UTME screening exercise that ought to hold Monday 14th to Friday 25th was postponed to Monday 23rd November to Friday 4th December, 2020.
Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm daily. Although Registration exercise has begin Wednesday 12th August 2020 to Wednesday 18th November, 2020. Stechitegist reports that Candidates who have already registered would get a new examination date.
3. Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO): The management have extended the closing date for candidates to register POST UTME and Direct Entry till further Notice. Their resumption date still remains unannounced.
4. Bayero University, Kano (BUK): The institution has started their POST UTME and Direct Entry screening exercise for 2020/2021 admission exercise.
5. Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State (FUOYE): The institution POST UTME screening exercise is still ongoing and will close on September 30th, 2020. Candidates who seek admission into the institution are hereby advised to partake in the screening exercise before the closing date.
6. Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike (MOUAU): The institution has begin an online POST UTME/Direct Entry Screening Exercise for candidates who seek admission into the university.
7. Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awkadon (UNIZIK): has begin online POST UTME screening exercise and will close on September 30th, 2020. Candidates are advised to apply before the closing date.
8. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU):The Institution management debunk rumours on school resumption and informs the public that they should adhere to the government order as regard reopening of school in the country.
9. University of Abuja, Gwagwalada (UNIABUJA): The Institution has begin online POST UTME/Screening exercise and it will end on 27th November, 2020. Candidates are expected to enrol before the closing date.
10. University of Dutse, Jigawa (FUD): The university management have kickstart admission exercise on Monday, 7th September 2020, and will close 4th October, 2020
11. Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA): The institution 2020/2021 POST UTME and Direct Entry Screening Exercise will kickstart on Monday, 21st September and end 18th November, 2020.
12. Federal University of Kashere, Gombe (FUK): The online admission screening for 2020/2021 POST UTME and direct Entry screening exercise will kickstart Monday 7th September, 2020 and end 30th September, 2020.
13. Alex Ekwueme University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State (AEFUNAI): The Institution has postponed the Registration process for the 2020/2021 academic session. Candidates are directed to start POST UTME and Direct Entry screening on 15th September, 2020.
14. University of Uyo (UNIUYO): The academic session had begin POST UTME and direct Entry screening exercise for candidates and the deadline for 2020/2021 Post Graduate Admission Registration has been extended till further notice.
15. University of Ilorin (UNILORIN): The University of Ilorin Registration for 2020/2021 POST UTME and direct Entry candidates has commenced and will close 30th September, 2020. The Post Graduate form for 2020/2021 academic session is also out at the moment.
16. University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT): The institution has commenced POST UTME and direct Entry screening exercise for 2020/2021 academic session. Candidates who seek admission into the university are hereby advised to apply before it ends.
17. University of Benin (UNIBEN): The University management has released Admission screening form for 2020/2021 POST UTME and direct Entry screening exercise. The Computer-based Test will kickstart Monday 23rd November 202 to Tuesday, 8th December at the Ugbowa Campus of the varsity.
18. University of Ibadan (UI): The institution has commenced 2020/2021 POST UTME and Direct Entry screening exercise in which will end 16th Octobe, 2020.
Candidates who seek admission in the university are advised to apply via the school official website (https://www.admissions.ui.edu.ng)
LATEST UPDATE FROM STATE INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA
1. Ondo State University of Science and Technology, Okitipupa (OSUSTECH): The Registration process in the varsity has commenced and candidates seeking admission into the university can apply for 2020/2021 POST UTME and Direct Entry screening Exercise.
2. Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba (AAUA): The 2020/2021 POST UTME and direct Entry screening in the Institution has started. In addition, the State Government, Akeredolu Rotimi has ordered a reduction in school fees due to the pandemic outbreak.
3. Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot Akpaden (AKSU): The 2020/2021 POST UTME/Direct Entry Screening Exercise has been postponed till 25th September, 2020.
4. Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli (COOU): All 100 level students in the institution has been directed to resume and ordered to regularly wear face mask within the school premises and constant washing of hands. The Institution has commenced 2020/2021 POST UTME and Direct Entry screening exercise for candidates who seek admission in the varsity.
5. Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU): The online admission screening exercise for 2020/2021 POST UTME and Direct Entry has commenced and will end 6th November, 2020.
6. Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT): The university has opened online registration for admission into the Mature Students Programmes (MSP) of Enugu State University of science and Technology, (ESUT). In addition, the 2020/2021 POST UTME Screening Exercise has stated and the school portal will close 12th September 2020.
7. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University (IBBU): 2020/2021 Post UTME and Direct Entry screening Exercise has begin in the university.
8. Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU): An online 2020/2021 POST UTME/Direct Entry admission screening has commenced in the institution. Candidates are hereby advised to apply before it closes.
9. Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU): The Institution has begin online POST UTME and direct Entry screening exercise for the academic session.
It is to close on the 11th, September, 2020.
It’s noteworthy to be informed that except Secondary school candidates writing WAEC/NABTEB/BECE, the Federal Government is yet to announce a precise date for resumption.
We hope to see your opinion in the comment section below!
And lastly, Follow our Facebook page:Stechitegist to keep you updated always.
Thank so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.