The Nigerian military has denied reports that some Chibok girls were rescued recently by troops.
The Nigerian military has refuted reports that some Chibok girls were recently rescued.
The denial was made public by the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor.
It had been reported that the girls were rescued during clearance operation in the Northeast.
Irabor denied the claim at an interaction with newsmen during his operational visit to the Theatre Command of Operation Lafiya Dole in Maiduguri on Sunday.
He said Chibok girls were not in the Military’s custody.
“We do not have any of the Chibok girls in our custody, so if they are not with us we have nothing to confirm again.
“It was the desire of the military the get the Chibok girls back safely and if our operations have helped those said to have escaped, I think we are glad,” Irabor added.
The CDS, who was accompanied by the Chief of Army Staff, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru; Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Isiaka Amao, and Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Awwal Gambo, said he was in the Theatre to appraise the security situations and get briefing from the officers on ground.
Don’t you think this post will be helpful to somebody else? Please share it to others via the social media button below Thanks for reading. Do well to drop your question in the comment box, we will be glad to hear from you.