The Olusegun Agagu University emerged 9th in the National University Commission (NUC) ranking as one of the best 10 state-owned universities in Nigeria in 2021. Even though the university was established in 2008, it is rapidly becoming a strong force in the tertiary education sector.
The 14-year-old university holds three (3) academic Faculty which include; Sciences, Agriculture and Engineering.
In November 2021, a team of NUC accreditation visited the university to assess and review its application for Accreditation of some of its courses.
We made this post to enlighten students of the prestigious Olusegun Agagu University of science and technology, Okitipupa, (OAUSTECH) which was formerly Ondo State University of Science and Technology, (OSUSTECH) about the current status of accreditation of some programmes in the institution.
Stechitegist Media gathered that the university management had applied for the accreditations of some courses offered in the university last year 2021.
These courses include all Engineering programmes viz: Electrical Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering, as well as some Agricultural courses which include APH, AEE, CSP, FWM, FST etc.
As we read further we shall reveal to you the current state of accreditation of each programme in the university. It might interest you to read what happens if a university loses accreditation
List Of All Courses Accreditation Status In OAUSTECH
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Department of Chemical Sciences – Full Accreditation.
- Industrial Chemistry – Full Accreditation.
- Biochemistry – Full Accreditation.
Department of Mathematics Sciences.
- Mathematics – Full Accreditation
- Computer Science – Full Accreditation
- Statistics – Full Accreditation
- Department of Physical Sciences – Full Accreditation
- Physics – Full Accreditation
- Geophysics – Full Accreditation.
Department of Biological Sciences.
- Botany – Full Accreditation
- Microbiology – Full Accreditation
- Zoology – Full Accreditation
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE, FOOD AND NATURAL RESOURCES
- Department of Animal Production and Health – Interim Accreditation
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension – Interim Accreditation.
- Department of Crop, Soil, and Pest Management – Interim Accreditation.
- Department of Fisheries, and Aquaculture Technology – Interim Accreditation.
- Department of Forestry and Wildlife Management – Full Accreditation.
- Department of Food Science and Technology – Interim Accreditation.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY.
- Electrical Engineering – Interim Accreditation.
- Civil Engineering – Interim Accreditation.
- Mechanical Engineering – Interim Accreditation
What Does Full Accreditation Mean?
Full accreditation is usually granted to any degree or academic programme that has passed the minimum Academic standards (MACS). It is granted for a period of six (6) academic sessions with a midterm appraisal after 3 years. After the six academic sessions, there should be a re-accreditation visit.
What Does Interim Accreditation Mean?
This is usually granted to any degree or programme that has minor deficiencies that must be rectified within a given period. It is usually not more than 2 academic sessions.
HAVE ALL COURSES IN OAUSTECH BEEN ACCREDITATED?
It’s safe to say ‘YES‘, because all Programmes in Engineering and Agriculture have interim accreditation, while the Forestry and all science programmes have gotten full accreditation.
N.B: Students who graduated in the Faculty of Engineering shall be awarded “Bachelor of Engineering” (B. ENG), while in Agricultural and Sciences Faculty will be bestowed with “Bachelor of Science” (B. SC)
Don’t you think this post will be helpful to somebody else? Please share it to others via the social media button below Thanks for reading. Do well to drop your question in the comment box, we will be glad to hear from you.